The Resource 100 essential things you didn't know you didn't know : math explains your world, John D. Barrow
- 100 essential things you didn't know you didn't know : math explains your world, John D. Barrow
- Title remainder
- math explains your world
- Statement of responsibility
- John D. Barrow
- Previously published: 2009
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -284)
- Two's company, three's a crowd -- It's a small world after all -- Monkey business -- Independence day -- Rugby and relativity -- Wagons roll -- A sense of proportion -- Why does the other queue always move faster? -- Pylon of the month -- A sense of balance -- Bridging that gap -- On the cards -- Tally ho -- Relationships -- Racing certainties -- High jumping -- Superficiality -- VAT in eternity -- Living in a simulation -- Emergence -- How to push a car -- Positive feedback -- The drunkard's walk -- Faking it -- The flaw of averages -- The origami of the universe -- Easy and hard problems -- Is this a record? -- A do-it-yourself lottery -- I do not believe it! -- Flash fires -- The secretary problem -- Fair divorce settlements: the win-win solution -- Many happy returns -- Tilting at windmills -- Verbal conjuring -- Financial investment with time travellers -- A thought for your pennies -- Breaking the law of averages -- How long are things likely to survive? - A president who preferred the triangle to the pentagon -- Secret codes in your pocket -- I've got a terrible memory for names -- Calculus makes you live longer -- Getting in a flap -- Your number's up -- Double your money -- Some reflections on faces -- The most infamous mathematician -- Roller coasters and motorway junctions --
- A Taylor-made explosion -- Walk please, don't run! -- Mind-reading tricks -- The planet of the deceivers -- How to win the lottery -- A truly weird football match -- An arch problem -- Counting in eights -- Getting a mandate -- The two-headed league -- Creating something out of nothing -- How to rig an election -- The swing of the pendulum -- A bike with square wheels -- How many guards does an art gallery need? -- . . . and what about a prison? -- A snooker trick shot -- Brothers and sisters -- Playing fair with a biased coin -- The wonders of tautology -- What a racket -- Packing your stuff -- Sent packing again -- Crouching tiger -- How the leopard got his spots -- The madness of crowds -- Diamond geezer -- The three laws of robotics -- Thinking outside the box -- Googling in the Caribbean; the power of the matrix -- Loss aversion -- The lead in your pencil -- Testing spaghetti to destruction -- The gherkin -- Being mean with the price index -- Omniscience can be a liability -- Why people aren't cleverer -- The man from underground -- There are no uninteresting numbers -- Incognito -- The ice skating paradox -- The rule of two -- Segregation and micromotives -- Not going with the flow -- Venn vill they ever learn -- Some benefits of irrationality -- Strange formulae -- Chaos -- All aboard -- The global village
- Control code
- 22 cm.
- 1st American ed.
- xiv, 284 p.
- Isbn Type
- Other physical details
- System control number
ContextContext of 100 essential things you didn't know you didn't know : math explains your world, John D. Barrow
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance 100 essential things you didn't know you didn't know : math explains your world, John D. Barrow
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.miltonlibrary.org/resource/qNknKD4B41A/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.miltonlibrary.org/resource/qNknKD4B41A/">100 essential things you didn't know you didn't know : math explains your world, John D. Barrow</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.miltonlibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.miltonlibrary.org/">Milton Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Milton Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...